Tuesday, August 19, 2014

St. Paul Outside the Walls



   One day we took one of the young sister missionaries to a doctors appointment.  After we dropped her off at the doctors office we started back for home.  The direct route home would have taken us past the coliseum and some restricted driving areas, so I went the opposite way so that I could go around the restricted areas.  Not too far from the doctor's office we passed St. Paul outside the walls.  When I was here as a young missionary I had an apartment about a quarter of a mile from this church.  So we stopped and went inside and then drove past my old apartment.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment :

  1. This looks like St Paul's near the river, on the way to E.U.R. If so, I recall entering from the rear of the building ... There used to be a bus capo linea there, back in 1980/81. Not far inside the door was a large, blackish in colour, and stone bricks in appearance ... Roughly 6 ft high, and squarish in shape. The interesting thing was the inscription around the bottom which said: "battesmi per I defunti"!!!! I have a photo of it somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete